Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Love Actually...

...is all around.

This "Valentine's Day" post is a day late, but that's good because the point of this post is that the Valentine's Day is a a scam created by card companies and I don't conform to it, but we've all heard that before.

And before you think it, no, this isn't a self-involved rant from a bitter, single, feminist. That's cliche. And I don't do cliche.

In essence every day should be Valentine's Day just like every day should be Earth Day and Christmas and every other holiday that celebrates something special. Love has been cheaply reduced to chocolates and red roses and Twilight books when the fact of the matter is that Love is the most powerful thing on the earth. It binds us; it enraptures us; it devestates us; it hurts us. It gives us hope; it gives us meaning; it gives us purpose. It changes lives in small ways and large ways. It makes us wise and makes us senseless. But ultimately, I think love brings out the best in us. True love makes us selfless and concerned with other people. It solves any problem.

I have so many people I love in my life that I am so grateful for. As I continue in my life, I hope to more embody the love that Jesus Christ has for all of us. That is charity, the greatest love anyone can possess. If I could have that love, I would consider my life a success, even if everything else fails--that is how strong that love is.

No comments: