Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Aphrodite of Provo

That is the sculpture I am attempting to create for Humanities 201. Why did I decide to mimic classical art when I have NO artistic ability? I'm not sure. I just like it I suppose. I remember when I was little being so mystified by the Venus de Milo figurine on my mom's dresser. It wasn't just the fact that she obviously had no arms. There was just something so sensual, yet a bit reserved about her demeanor and positioning. It was like she didn't know anyone was spying on her to sculpt this.

Anyway, now I have to recreate something similar. Blurg. (Which also reminds me that I miss 30 Rock. When are these Olympics going to be OVER??)

p.s. Life is just so good.

1 comment:

Monica said...

We'll make sure you get that one (the Venus) in the will when mom dies.