Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

How Bizarre

One thing I love about Provo is their abundance of frozen yogurt shops. Just when you think the economy is bad enough to support another business, up comes another froyo place with the exact same features as the others. They are all the same. Self-serve, tons of flavors, every imaginable topping, over-sized styrofoam dishes to make it impossible to exert moderation--and I love it. This frozen self-serve dessert concept was very foreign back in Bonney Lake, but it's actually the greatest thing since those ice cream man Tweety bird popsicles with the gumball nose (anyone remember those?? They also had other characters if I remember correctly...)

Anyway, there is one thing I don't understand. When I go to pay, there is a tip jar.

???

Walk me through this. I came here. I got my own dish and served myself. The only thing you did was take my money, and technically, even I swiped my own debit card. So I'm confused as for what I'm tipping you. Is it because you gave me a sample cup? Is it for standing there looking bored until I come to the register? Is it for your unconvincing cheery disposition or your honest apathetic one? Is it for the minimal job description you are already getting paid to do?

I'm just in need of some clarity on this one.

2 comments:

overgrownzygote said...

AHHHHHH i hate that, i never know what is the appropriate thing to do... to tip or not to tip!

Monica said...

next time you are there, tell them your thoughts. it would catch them off guard and be very very funny. invite me when you do that, too!