Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I love bananas. Like love.


BUT, I am extremely fastidious in regards to the condition in which they should be. They must be bright yellow with the faintest hint of green towards the top or edges. Thick peel, no mushiness, no spots, no overly sweet flavor. Any more green or more brown than this delicate balance, is a no go. This is a constant frustration when I buy bananans because I have a 2-3 day window before I refuse to eat them anymore. So I only get to eat maybe half of the bananas I buy in their fresh condition. Brown or spotty bananas have theire uses too though. I freeze them for smoothies because they give a better flavor. (Frozen bright yellow bananas are a bad idea, I have learned.)

So when I am ridiculously wealthy and can pay people to do things for me, I am going to demand a new, fresh, bright yellow banana from the store every morning.

No comments: