Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

even artichokes have hearts

In case you didn't know, I'm a vegetarian. Sometimes I forget that I have this stigma. I was just sitting here eating my tofu, broccoli, and wild rice concoction, and I thought, "this is probably a really odd food choice for some people." I've lived this way for over four years now, and I have forgotten that people actually eat meat--not literally forgotten, but it is such a foreign thing to me now. I don't think about meat. I don't ever see a symbolic empty space on my plate that needs to be replaced or substituted with an "alternative." This always provides me with a rude awakening when I go to a restaurant because every dish features meat as the main course, and it now baffles me as to why. It makes no sense in my veggie brain.

Anyway, this post really has no direction. I was just realizing that a lot of my food choices are odd, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Peace, love, and fruit!

No comments: