Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

what i've learned in 22 years

There exists a black hole.

This black hole collects socks, hair ties, bobby pins, pencils with the erasers still on them, and...

tupperware lids.

Finding a lid that fits on a certain container has been the bane of my college existence and my recent living-at-home existence.

If I find one more mismatched lid/container, I'm going to..................I don't know yet, but probably lash out drastically--at the tupperware.

(P.S. I realize that tupperware is really just a brand name and not the official name for plastic containers. Thus it should be capitalized, but I'm not actually referring necessarily to actual Tupperware. Hence, I'm not going to capitalize it. This is kind of how people use the word kleenex to refer to a any tissue. Props to the brilliant marketing team who brainwashed everyone into thinking they are the same.)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Just so you know...I have conquered the blasted tuppwerware drawer predicament. My mom got these in my teens, wishing she had them from the start: http://www.shopatasseenontv.com/Swirl-Around-Carousel.html The best part: all the lids match all the containers. They look small, but you'd be AMAZED at how much they hold. Devin and I surprise ourselves with how much we fit in them almost every time we use them. Of course there are leftovers that just need a bigger container, so we have that wonderful carousel of tupperware variety and then two larger containers of the same brand. no hassle! You just inspired me to blog about it :)