Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

fml



I think I had some pent up bad karma against me today.

As I was leaving the gym today, my car died right as I pulled out onto Hwy 410. (This is about 4.5 miles from my house.) I sat there crying for a second; then I called my working mom in a panic and realized the worst thing about having no friends in Bonney Lake: no one can help you when your POS car from high school breaks down.

Fortunately, I was right by a Jiffy Lube, and a worker helped me push my car into the parking lot. (So you should all support your local Jiffy Lube!) Unfortunately I was a sweaty, haggard mess. I don't like asking people for help. At all. If I had been looking really cute, I would have felt slightly less guilty about asking for help. I feel like men would feel a little happier about pushing a car for a cute girl rather than a gross-face. That's just my theory though.

Anyway during this time, I realized that I was in desperate need for an accelerated course in Cars 101. I was steering my car while the worker pushed, and I may have run into a hedge, a curb, and another hedge along the way. "Yeah when your car doesn't work, your power steering and brakes don't work either," the worker said. And with my lack of good looks, I couldn't even play the dumb-but-pretty card that would make this lack of knowledge forgivable.

So we got the car parked. Finally. Then I had to run/walk/limp the whole way home. I had already worked out for the day, so having to add another 4 miles? Death.

Then some skeezy guy was trying to get my attention as I waited at a light. Bleh.

And then while I was running on a road lacking in sidewalk or shoulder, someone yelled at me something to the effect of, "Bitch, get out of the road!"

Wow, thanks.

Some days are just like that, I guess...even in Australia.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Sad day :( If it makes you feel any better (which it probably won't because you probably want to wallow in your sorrow right now, but...) in Alaska my bus died while I was driving and I also had to end up steering it back to the shop while a little pick up truck towed me...but like you said, no power steering. a bus is kind of big. it sucked. I totally feel your pain!