Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A frequent comment/question I get

Friend: "Can I ask you a weird question?"
Me: "Yeah sure"
Friend: "Are you white??"

Another instance: While discussing heritage and discovering that I'm purely anglo-saxon, Claire says, "I could have sworn from the bottom you were Puerto Rican!"

Another instance: My Spanish teacher said to me more than once how much I looked of Argentine descent/like his wife (uhhhh....)

The point is, a lot of people think I have Hispanic blood in me, but the truth is that I'm just a boring Western European mutt. If I wasn't the spitting image of my mother with my dad's knack for numbers, I might actually question whether I was adopted.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Dude...don't forget that teeny amount of Native American blood from Grandpa Milburn's grandma!

Claire said...

AHEM! I don't think I said "from the bottom" because I distinctly remember thinking you had teh facial features like full lips and you had recently dyed your hair darker I think so you were def sportin the latino look! ...it was probably a later convo though that we discussed your p.r. booty ha :) love ya!

Tanya said...

haha i KNOW you said it at some point in time!