Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

dancesport recap



So dancesport was actually pretty successful this weekend. Okay, ballroom (standard) was kind of sucky, even though I love my dress, but I don't feel too bad because I didn't put in a lot of practice for it. However, my latin partner and I made semifinals in pre-champ and novice. (Pre-champ is a higher level for people not familiar with ballroom terms.) I seriously wasn't even planning on making a round in pre-champ. After the quarter final, my partner even changed because we were certain that we didn't make it to the next round. Let me tell you though, it is so incredible looking up at the screen and seeing your little number in black and white. The other thing is that making a round gets exponentially harder because every round is cut down by half every time. Every time you dance again, your competition is more concentrated with advanced dancers.
Thanks to Allison for capturing this photo. I don't love my profile (because I hate my nose), but I really love the essence of this picture because it seems so still and quiet in a place that was definitely the opposite. For some reason, I just really resonate with the feeling this photo gives me.


Anyway, it was the best Dancesport I've competed thus far at BYU. And I'm not saying that I'm this super awesome dancer, but the reason my partner and I did well is because we worked really hard. Thank you 6 am-8 am rehearsals every. single. day; and our doubles on Fridays and Saturdays.


No comments: