Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

disabled

Whenever there is someone with a disability, I have an overwhelming urge to stare. I don't know what it is; I'm just so curious about how they feel about life. A lot of times they are just going on their way like normal people, and I wonder if they are bothered by the fact that they have one arm or a diminutive height or a wheel chair. I'm socially competent enough to know not to stare, but sometimes I just wish I could people watch without the social stigma.

Today I saw a blind person walking with his special cane, and I thought how nice it was that I could stare, and he wouldn't know.

Isn't that terrible?

3 comments:

Trevor McKendrick said...

Diminutive height... hm I didn't know I was (1) disabled and (2) that you've stared at me... :P

Tanya said...

hahahaha! I was trying to find a PC term for midget. I think they prefer the term "little people." And they might not consider it a disability either. I'm just throwing out incorrect terms all over the place.

Richelle said...

hahaha. its so true though!!!