Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

It's so on

Milburn Family Biggest Loser 2011

My family is going on vacation in June, so we're having a little competition for who can be the biggest loser. I know I don't need to lose weight blah blah blah, but there is nothing wrong with wanting get a little more in shape. By BMI standards, I'm technically at a healthy, normal weight, but a "normal" weight is a very broad range. I don't really need to defend myself on my blog, but it's always awkward when you try to explain to someone that you don't want to eat X because you are trying to lose weight. Then they just roll their eyes at you like you can afford this one last time. Except then every time is the last time.

Basically, I'm not obsessed with my weight or body image. There is nothing wrong with changing your appearance when it is done within reason and perspective.

Anyway, I'm excited. And I'm going to win. Watch out familia!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's great that you're trying to get into better shape! most people could use improvement in their eating and exercise habits, yet criticize those who actually do something about it because they are too, lazy, undisciplined, addicted to food, or all of the above, to do something about it! I support you girl:) lose it all baby!

overgrownzygote said...

OMG i hate the "you can do it one time" comment... i get that so much... if i listened to it each time i wouldn't be losing weight >>

if we were in the same town i'd say lets exercise together :P