Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Dancesport

This will hopefully be short since I still have my ridiculously long nails on, which makes typing very difficult.

Dancesport was pretty fun. I always get there and wish I had practiced more. I'm not super competitive with others, but I am with myself. I don't really care about winning, but when I get there I always wish that I could win--not that I deserve to in the least, but I wish that I was talented enough to win if that makes sense. My partner works a lot, so we don't get a lot of practice time together, which means I need to do a lot of mirror work by myself. Even this doesn't save me when we get on the floor sometimes.

I just hate feeling stupid. I hate when a dance is an utter disaster, and you look completely inept next to everyone, and you're hoping for a stroke of grace to give you another chance to bring you back to the next round, which you know will never happen because ballroom judges cannot afford to be merciful, which I guess helps you in the long run.

I did get second in the tango for a class competition though. Not as intense, I know, but it is kind of exhilarating actually being in a final. That's never happened to me before.

Anyway, despite the non-success, I looked hot yesterday (in dance terms), and I still love ballroom. That's really all that matters. (Okay not really...but it's part of the big picture.)

No comments: