Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Blueberries

This is the expanded version of my facebook status.

My roommate left a box of muffins behind when she moved out, so naturally I decided to make and share them. I looked at the box, and it said "made with REAL blueberries!" This irked me. What was the alternative? Synthetic blueberries? I don't want to even know what that would entail. Or worse, imaginary blueberries? That would go over really well with consumers.

What is this world coming to?? They actually have to remind me that, "hey, in case you were skeptical, your food is actually real!" I didn't know that I ever needed to question that. Maybe I'm expecting too much from my beloved, corporate America. Does this mean that my food is not real by default? Are we slowly being transformed into robots? Will food not even be necessary?? Is this some Matrix universe about to collapse?!?! Am I being melodramatic???!!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness (or sarcasm), I'm only a tad concerned with the fact that the reality of my food has been called into question.

I can't wait until I just have my own garden. Until then, trust no one.

No comments: