Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

In the daylight I don't pick up my phone...

because in the daylight anywhere feels like home... (Great song by Matt and Kim)

I don't answer my phone very often. I have just realized this.

I'm also not very good at texting people back. I know it's really easy, but here is what happens:

I will be OCD about carrying my phone on me and I will get no incoming anything. Then I forget about my phone and I'll get like 5 texts like that. It's annoying, but not too annoying because I do love a good dose of irony, so it's okay.

I'm also not very good at texting lingo. I feel like I use too many smiley faces unneccesarily only because words sound so dry when I text them--especially when I don't know the person that well. Here's what happens:

I get a text often a couple hours after the fact. I'll spend (probably too much) time thinking about how to respond exactly how I would in real life, which is always impossible because it's texting. Then I just avoid the situation all together and don't text back. Besides, I hate being the last person to text anyway (defense mechanism). But I often get chastised by Katie that I'm sending the wrong message or that it is interpreted by most people as being rude and indifferent.



But I promise, that is not my intention. I'm just weird that's all.

1 comment:

overgrownzygote said...

i love that song!

i hate being the last person to text too... so sometimes not responding intentionally to not be that person... i totally get that!