Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Words I hate

There are certain words I really just hate to say. Actually I hate them so much that I NEVER say them. It's borderline OCD. Here's the few I can think of...

Hubby--why can't you just say husband? Or I could even settle for eternal companion or lover or domestic partner. Hubby just gives me the imagery of a fat guy in a wife-beater.

pimple/zit-- Ugh, I almost couldn't write it because I'd have to say it in my head. Bleh, I really hate those two terms. Like I've heard some people refer to goosebumps as goosepim--forget it, I'm not writing it again. But honestly, why would you even think of another way to use that word. I prefer to say "break-out" or "blemish." It's less descriptive and doesn't induce a gag reflex.

Moist--it's just a weird word. And the context can really throw things off. Especially when you're talking to Matt.

Most substitutes for anatomical terms--Just say penis or vagina. It's not that difficult, and you just sound uneducated and vulgar for saying anything else.

Tweet--this is probably why I'll never have an active Twitter account.

Jiggle/wiggle--I'm not really sure why...

Boogie-- I don't think this has been legitimately used since 1970

Pervert, perv, pervy, etc.--it just sounds like what it means

Rural--Everybody sounds ridiculous trying to say it.

That's all I can think of right now. However, I'm still an English supremist. I love most everything about the English language...except these few words.

No comments: