Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Ortho Curse

One time I was talking to my friend about dating, relationships, kissing etc. (Mind you, he is French, so of course he seems like a bonafide expert on all things of this topic as much as I hate cliches...) He told me of an experience when he felt pressured to kiss a girl.

Me: "How is that so? Don't you just do what you want?"
Him: "Well she gave me that look."
Me: "Wait, what is that look?"
Him: "You know, when they look from your eyes to your lips, to your eyes to your lips..."

Oh.

Well that presents a problem because I am borderline obsessed with mouths and teeth. I had orthodontic appliances in my mouth for five whole years in the impressionable days of my youth. But in the end it's worth it because I probably get more compliments on my teeth than anything else. (Thanks Mom and Dad!) Because of my long orthodontic journey, I look at everyone's teeth--not in a judging way--just an observant way. It's what I remember most about you, and I can remember everyone's teeth.

Apparently according to the French expert (and other experienced people in this field), looking at a person's mouth a lot is a sign that you want to kiss him or her. But really, I'm just checking out your teeth, and then reminding myself that I need to make eye contact instead. That's all.

If I want to kiss you, you'll know I want to kiss you.

No comments: