Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A brand new day

Not everything is turning out, but some things are.

I got the research position for which I applied. I got the acceptance email yesterday after stressing about it for weeks, so thanks. Now I don't have to worry about not graduating.

I got a scholarship for next fall/winter--not a full, but anything helps. (It's that bloody C in o-chem from the summer...why did I stop caring??) In the grand scheme of things, I have saved $15,000 of tuition. I'd say paying only an approximate total of $3000 for a college tuition is not too much to ask.

I found a ballroom partner who actually wants to practice. And I'm taking a technique class again...finally. No, I didn't move up for next year, but that's my fault. I didn't put the time in to work for it. But guess what? I still love dancing. Take that.

Now...I need to:

Get on the CNA bandwagon. (I started studying for once. baby steps, baby steps...)
Run more/get in shape for summer.
Start preparing thinking about life after BYU, which seems to be impending sooner everyday. This means making preparations for PA or graduate school. April 2011 is coming too soon and not soon enough. Yikes!

2 comments:

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

I know why you stopped caring about O-Chem in the summer...the pool was way too inviting and an enourmous textbook like that would probably sink your floatie. Oh yeah and the Hot Pots were way too fun to deny, hence getting home way too late to even think about studying. AND I'm such a jerk and basked in our trips to Macey's for kong cones and energy drinks that it became a habit, making your brain think that it was preposterous to start studying before the night before. sound good? no. worth it? perhaps.