Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Concert: The aftermath

This weekend was Ballroom in Concert. We had a Friday evening, Saturday matinee, and Saturday evening show. Here's the breakdown:

Cons: -I got no homework done.
-I used more makeup and makeup remover in three days than in my entire lifetime.
-I'll probably break out this week because of that.
-Early morning rehearsals at 6:30 a.m. in preparation.
-Bruises on my legs from bumping too many arm rests in the Marriot Center.
-Damaged hair from hairspray, blow dry, hair spray, blow dry to make my hair super shiny.
-I felt guilty for not selling very many tickets...and by "very many" I mean zero...

Pros: -I finally got to be in concert, instead of watching it this year.
-I started to like my costumes.
-I still got to watch some amazing dancing from the side.
-I entertained people.
-I felt busy.
-My old coaches Brent and Katie came down for the alumni number. Brent found me afterwards, and we chatted for a bit. It was really nice knowing that someone knew me in the stands, since my family couldn't come. And I didn't feel like he was judging me for not being on Tour Team. I've always really respected Brent and his passion and Katie and her creativity.
-Even though my face will hate me, I love getting ready for shows with the dramatic makeup and hair.
-I felt legit walking through the Marriot with full hair and makeup. (Hey, no one knows I'm on the lowly 10:00 team.)
-Just another opportunity to dance and perform :)


Next mission: Get a partner.

No comments: