Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Wedding Hungry

So I may or may not have spent an hour looking at wedding dresses today instead of studying.

WAIT! I know what you're thinking, and you're wrong.

No, there is nothing in my life that is leading or even so much as hinting at that in the upcoming future. I haven't been dating anybody, nor am I dating anyone right now--just so we clear that up.

This may be splitting hairs, but my title is wedding hungry--not marriage hungry, and I think there is a difference. Since wedding season is right around the corner, naturally I start to think about what I would do...(or maybe that's not so natural...) It's just fun sometimes, if not borderline pathetic. My problem is that the more I think about it, the more specific I get, which will only lead to disappointment when I can't find the exact color or decoration. I can be pretty perfectionistic sometimes--(future bridezilla perhaps...? Gosh, I hope not.)

So as I said, it's wedding season. The engagement announcements with couples gazing in each other's eyes or peeking behind a tree (<--romance, what?) start flooding in and covering the refriderator; high-pitched conversations, with giggling of course, start bubbling all around; my facebook homepage accumulates those hearts as a visual cue (in case I couldn't read) that so-and-sos are engaged or married; etc. It's just such a blissful time, isn't it? :P

But really, it doesn't bother me anymore. I used criticize that "this person is so cliche," or "ha, what an awkward engagement picture" or "her dress is tacky" or "they hardly know each other--good luck with that..." But who am I to judge? Yes, they may do things a lot differently than me, but if they are in love, it doesn't matter how awkward their pictures are or how unflattering her dress is. I've noticed that weddings are just so happy despite all of these things I may disagree with. Sometimes I think we just need more love in the world, and it's nice to see so many people celebrating that fact.

That's why I like weddings.

1 comment:

Claire said...

HA aw, I loved this. I know you approved of my dress, or maybe you were just saying that haha, but I better get an HONEST opinion of engagement pictures!