Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

worth it?

I'm not in any gold II classes this semester. Yeah, I can make excuses like "it's a Blackpool year, so there are no gold bar classes and less space and blah blah blah.." But the truth of the matter is that I'm really just not that good. I also can't bump down to gold I because I have classes at those times. (If I wanted to mess around my whole schedule, I could p o s s i b i l y make gold I standard work...if they would let me.) Will anyone notice if I don't take a technique class? I don't know why I go to all the effort to do this. It's certainly not my calling in life. I guess I was hoping to get good enough to possibly help out at Pacific Ballroom one day. They gave me so much...I just wanted to give back something. Should I just drop dance all together? It hurts to ask that, but I might have to be done... I have a major and a minor that are completely unrelated to dance, and I should get a job. Oh the practicality of it all!

Sometimes I just wait to have decisions made for me because I'm too scared of doing the wrong thing.

No comments: