Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010...so weird

Well, here it is--another year, another decade.

It's late, so I'll ramble about my thoughts on that subject later.

The break went by fast. Too fast. I did, however, finish all ten seasons of Law & Order: SVU. That's embarrassing, I know, so don't do the math to calculate how many hows of my life I wasted away. What is even more pathetic is that I only watched the whole ten seasons to gather every bit of evidence of Olivia and Elliot's more-than-partners relationship, which is open to extreme interpretation. Nothing every happens, and I knew that from the beginning. (And I don't condone adultery. Somehow I think one day Elliot's family will disappear or he'll get another divorce or something and things will just work out--even though it is not in the show's best interest.) I also have this OCD thing where I have to finish what I start. Once I started at the beginning, I had to watch all ten seasons as fast as possible to get it all done. This is why I procrastinate papers, tests, etc. I like getting things done all at once. I want results now. I want to be done now. I want to change now. I want to get this over with now. I wanted to have all the SVU knowledge now. This is also why I am a terrible goal setter, and an even more terrible goal achiever. I'm impatient with the process. It's why I can never be an artist as much as I would like to be. I never had the brain for it, and it takes so much time and energy and thought and patience. This is also why I am prone to buying Kashi or Amy's Kitchen frozen dinners. Dinner in 3 minutes? I'm taken.

Sometimes I think I need to get out of the left lane, and just go the speed limit awhile.

No comments: