Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesdays

I've hated Wednesdays ever since 8th grade when my church reorganized boundries and Brittany and I were no longer in the same ward with Dylan. That made Wednesday youth nights a whole lot more fun. Once it was over, Wednesday went back to being the "I-can't-believe-it's-only-the-middle-of-the-week" day. Age 14 was my only girly crush phase. I was pretty ridiculous and my family and friends let me know, but nothing they said could convince me. Don't worry though, I grew out of it soon in my own time. I always do things in my own time. I had one more slightly less immature crush on another boy, but ever since then (age 15), I've never had a legitimate crush on anyone that lasted more than a week. Yeah I've definitely met people that I'd love to get to know, but I don't waste time on things that are unlikely to happen. I learned that at the ripe old age of 15 when my heart was crushed by unsaid crush. Tragic, yes, but I moved on. Now I never hang out with anyone long enough to develop feelings for them. It's just a waste of energy, and I often feel like Tom in 500 Days of Summer in the Reality vs. Expectations scene. Everytime I work things up in my mind, make little things mean big things, hold on to the slightest inklings of anything, and it always does...well, nothing because it was nothing in the first place. Err go: I always feel awkward in girl talk because I'm severely lacking in experience to contribute.

Meh. That's life.

No comments: