Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

A weird thing about me

I anticipate that this will be a more-than-once blog post title.

So I hate country music. Sorry. Actually I'm not sorry. Taylor Swift, as green and adorable as she is, grates at my ears with her overplayed tunes...which I guess isn't entirely her fault. There are some country songs I do like occasionally just to put out a disclaimer. But the majority of country music, I just can't stand. I went through a phase one summer in like eighth grade where I loved it, and whenever I here a country song that was popular in that era of my life, I feel a sense of nostalgia for that time. But that's it.

However, I love Patsy Cline--who is just about as country as they come. There is just something about her voice that captures the pain of rejected or unrequited love like no other artist I've heard. I only listen to her when I'm really really sad.

It's weird. That's all.

No comments: