Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Girls!*

*To be shouted obnoxiously like the Beastie Boys song

BUT, all I really want is NOT girls. Girls are so...ugh sometimes. Feminist as I may be, I will be the first to admit the faults of my own gender. But I'm going to make a distinction between women and girls. The main difference between these stages is a little quality called maturity. And when that settles in--no one can predict for sure.

Two things I noticed today:

1.) Girls are shallow. Exhibit A: I've noticed this girl. [No, not like that. I'm just a people-watcher. They fascinate me.] This particular girl does not talk to people outside her social class. If you do not have fashion sense, are not particularly beautiful, do not have some sort of noticeable talent, basically if you do not have anything she could ever covet, this girl will ignore you. She feeds off of attention from others. Especially boys. If you try being part of a conversation she's in, she kind of doesn't acknowledge your presence. She tries to come off as edgy and original and just the girl-next-door, but there is an element of cattiness to it all. It's quite annoying.

2.) Girls are territorial. Exhibit B: I noticed this today in one girl, but I realized it's not the first time I've seen this happen. Girls love to be surrounded by boys. They especially love when they are the only girl in the group to be doted on and flirted with. Today I joined a group of people that had one girl and a few guys. The boys all acknowledged me, responded to what I said, etc. Did the girl? Nope. Even when it's one boy and two girls, the girls will interact with the boy but not the other girl. Interesting.

Why are girls so dramatic and vicious? I think I feel more judgment eminating from girls' narrowing eyes than from boy's misconstrued notions of femininity.

This is why I have found that hanging out with guys is a lot less stressful and a lot more fun.

Matt, Adam, Kevin, and Cory(when you're home, I guess)--I love you guys! Thanks for letting me be a 5th roommate.

No comments: