Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

yeah, this just happened


DISCLAIMER: My parents are actually smart, college-educated people. I'm really hoping this was a fluke.

Scene: The Dinner Table. The conversation turns political, as it is extremely wont to do in the Milburn home.

Tonight's topic: North Korea

Dad: ...and China keeps supporting them [North Korea] down there--
Me (interrupting): Up there.
Dad: What?
Me: You keep saying "down there," but you mean to say "up there."
Dad: No, I mean down there.
Me: Dad, North Korea is connected to the northern part of China.
Mom (chiming in): No that's only Mongolia and Russia up there!
Me: Yeah, and North Korea!
Dad: You're crazy.
Me: I'll show you!
Dad (rather pompously): Go ahead!

And by the power of Google, I give you: North Korea connected to the northern part of China.
Cue: Humbling of the parents--(like a boss!)

Mom (pointing to Thailand area): I always thought North Korea was somewhere in there!
Me: *facepalm*

I just have to say that I was a freaking ninja at Ms. Ross's timed country quizzes in 7th grade social studies. It paid off my friends, oh so sweetly.



2 comments:

Monica said...

I should not have read this while doing a language evaluation--because I was laughing so hard. Good job, Tanya!

Unknown said...

HAHAHHAAAAA i love love love love love this! especially how you pointed out that you are a boss:)

way to stick it to them:)!