Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

and there it was.

I just knew it would be there--the envelope for which I had been so patiently waiting. Some people wait to open it in front of a crowd of friends and family, and everyone cheers when it is unveiled, but, you see, that is just not my style. I opened it alone, so that I could, well, be alone with something so life-changing before me.

Anyway, enough melodrama. For the next 18 months I will be teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ in the Canada, Edmonton mission.

(!!!!!!)

You might be thinking: What?!

I know it's not exotic or glamorous, but to expect it to be those things is missing the point. The more that I say Edmonton in my mind, the more it feels incredibly right to be there.

I'm so excited! Now I just have to wait until October 26th to actually leave, but this will give me time to gain 50lbs of insulation, so that I don't freeze to death up there.

"Oh Canada!..."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so I googled edmonton, because I frankly had no idea where it was, and LO AND BEHOLD WE HAVE GREAT NEWS, North America's largest mall resides there:) i'm so excited for you, it's a beautiful place!

Beth said...

Congratulations, Tanya! That's so exciting!!

overgrownzygote said...

canada!!!!!! i'm so excited for you, you'll do great! i went up to edmonton on a family roadtrip when i was about... 11? anyway it was so beautiful up there, all the mountains and so clean. i remember seeing a moose on the side of the highway and we stopped the car to take photos