Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A little OCD never hurt anyone...

I realize I have never written about my weird habits. Let me list a few...

--Metal. I have this strange fear of all things metal. I only use plastic utensils or wooden chopsticks whenever possible. I hate the taste of metal in my mouth. So those new eco-friendly metal water bottles? No go. If I must use a metal utensil, it is imperative that my plate or dish be plastic. I NEVER use glass and metal together, which is why restaurants drive me crazy because I am forced into this situation. Basically the sound of metal and glass drives me insane. My dad used to scratch his fork on his plate because he thought it was funny, but I would scream and storm to my room. No, that is not overreacting. I just can't help it. If people do that, I will zone out of the conversation because my mind will start screaming, and I lose focus.
--Clocks. I have certain clocks that always have to be ahead. My alarm clock, for example, is always 30 minutes fast. If someone resets it, I can't function.
--Time. I also have to get up at certain times. Even if I wake up late, I have to set an alarm to go off on a number ending in a 5 or 0. If I go running, I have to leave at a time with this same condition. This doesn't necessarily make me on time to things. I just have to start things at certain times.
--I can quote movies with precision. I hate when people butcher them, which means any slight variance in word or intonation.
--I get into habits of eating the same kinds of food with the same dishes everyday at the same time. I don't like to get out of schedule.
--I will listen to a new song of interest on repeat for hours without shame.
--I refuse to write with pen. Mechanical pencil only.
--Tin foil drives me crazy.
--I never use elevators.
--Bad grammar makes me twitch.
--I'm pathologically afraid of mayonnaise getting in my food.

Needless to say, I'm a little weird. But as readers, you probably have figured this out.

No comments: