Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Queen Frostine

Weird thing about me #56382

I like frosting more than the cake. In fact, I don't even really like the cake at all, but if it must be there I like it to be chocolate or red velvet. I find most people have the opposite preference than I do. The frosting must be vanilla. Even more so, I love when the frosting is heavily dyed--so dyed that it has a hint of a bitter chemical taste and turns my mouth a different color. My stomach will eventually start to feel nauseous as my blood sugar spikes, but I push the limits anyway.

This becomes a problem when I inadvertantly ruin a cake by scraping off the frosting and only eating a little bit of the cake. Then I realize that it's not my cake and that I just destroyed everything aesthetically pleasing about someone's dessert. Then I try to play dumb, but everyone knows it was me because I'm the only frosting lover. Foiled again.

This is why my birthday is one of the best times of the year because it is the one time I can scrape all of the frosting off my cake how I please, and no one can say anything about it.

I knew there was a reason that Queen Frostine was always my favorite Candy Land character. Drawing her elusive card was the highlight of my board game experience.

1 comment:

overgrownzygote said...

i like the frosting best too :)