Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Antisocial

I'm really not though. I love people. I love meeting new people--in my own time. By nature, I'm shy. I'll always feel shy. I'm never the center of attention in a group setting, nor do I want to be. I find that I listen more than I talk sometimes. I like groups of close friends rather than crazy parties where I don't know anyone. I like the personal. Moving away and going to college and having your sister leave you by yourself kind of forces you to get out of your comfort zone a bit. I don't like going to new things all the time though because then you just stay at square one with everybody, which isn't very fulfilling. I'm not a recluse though. I like meeting new people and then having those new people become old people. We tend to put a negative connotation on the word "old," but I don't. Old to me means comfortable, familiar, warm. It's nights like these where I miss the "old" people. The people I could just run over to their house unexpectedly or call randomly. I think more than liking people, I like connecting with people. I like conversations that mean something. I like learning more about people--their dreams, their strengths, their vulnerabilities, their ticks, their quirks, their secrets.

With that said...I guess I'm staying home tonight. I took a bloody physics test for four hours today and am utterly brain dead. Maybe I'll clean or something. I hope everyone is having a better Friday!

peace out.

No comments: