Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Endearing?

My mom and dad bought a new mattress.  It has a supposed 30-year warranty.  In my insensitivity and morbid humor, I said to my mom, "You'll die before this mattress does!"

Cue: Siblings' horror at such an observation.

Mom: But I'm only 52!
Tanya: Yeah, Grandma died at 80.

My mom starts to seriously consider this because sometimes she doesn't get my anti-jokes, but the siblings quickly assuage the situation and change the subject.

Then my mom chimes in.  "Yeah, but I think Christ will come again before I die...and I just feel so bad that you kids won't get any of our inheritance."

Aww, thanks Mom!  Wait...

2 comments:

Beth said...

hahaha. I love you and your mom. That sounds like a great conversation. I'd like to see a new photo of you, Tanya. Now that you're all newly returned from your mission. :)

Claire said...

haha this is awesome, so happy you're back to blogging! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY by the way!!